You are here : » Heritage / Victoria Tunnel » Victoria Tunnel » Tour availability
As updated on 18th December, the following tours are available -
For all tours, you must pre-book and be in possesssion of a valid confirmation to show to the guides. The cost of tours is £5 for adults and £2 for under 12s (free for under 5s).
Places on tours are available on:
- Tours that are still available are shown below:
- Friday 20 December at 1.30 pm - 8 places available
- Saturday 21 December at 10 am - 8 places available
- Saturday 21 December at 1 pm - 6 places available
- Sunday 22 December at 1 pm - 4 places available
- Saturday 28 December at 10 am - 4 places available
- Friday 3 January at 10.30 am - 12 places available on a one-hour family tour
- Saturday 4 January at 10 am and 1 pm - 8 places available on each tour
- Friday 10 January at 10.30 am and 1.30 pm - 10 places available on each tour
- Saturday 11 January at 10 am - 10 places available
- Saturday 11 January at 1 pm - 4 places available
- Thursday 16 January at 6.30 pm - 12 places available
- Friday 17 January at 10.30 am - 12 places available
- Saturday 18 January at 10 am and 1 pm - 8 places available on each tour
From Thursday 23 January 2014 places are available on:
- Thursdays at 6.30pm
Most Fridays at 10.30am and 1.30pm
Most Saturdays at 10am and 1pm (and in peak periods at 3.30pm)
Some Sundays at 1pm
- If you want to book a private tour for 8 or more people we can usually arrange a tour to suit your choice of time and date, if booked at least two weeks in advance)
During school holidays special child-friendly onehour tours are available for families on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10.30am and 1.30pm
You can choose from the following tour options:
Full 2 hour tour (standard tour)
If you are an underground adventurer, this is the tour for you! Heritage Volunteers will lead you beyond original WWII blast walls and 700m along the Tunnel. This is a journey of discovery into Newcastle's hidden heritage.
Unfortunately, because of the confined space of the WWII blast walls and steep slope, this tour is not wheelchair accessible. There is a steep ramp at the end of this tour and the emergency escape exit is via a vertical ladder.
For your own safety, we cannot allow anyone with mobility difficulties on a Full Tunnel Tour.
Shorter Tour approx. 60 Minute Tour (on request or as stated)
This tour involves only a short walk and is partially wheelchair accessible. For those who may need to rest or sit during the tour, our guides will provide foldable chairs and carry them for you during your visit. You will be led through the WWII entrance passage and a short distance along the original 1840s waggonway. Please contact us if you specifically require a shorter tour and we will try to accommodate you as best as we can. During school holidays, we also usually offer shorter tours specifically for children with their parents. However, we don't have space for pushchairs - so under 3s must be able to walk or be carried.
This 10 minute audio-visual artwork is usually available to view at the end of your tour. Please go to our Rainbow Code page for more information about this exciting, responsive installation. Unfortunately, this installation is currently out of action and is not available to view on any tours at present.
Have your say
If you would like to comment on any of the news and issues click here